Biography of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)
|What should one say when the Prophet’s (PBUH) name is mentioned? |
One should say ملسو هيلع هللا ىلص (May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).
How many times is the name of Muhammad mentioned in the Holy Quran?
What are the names of the Prophet’s (PBUH) uncles?
They are: Harith, Zubair, Abu Talib, Hamzah (May Allah be pleased with him), Abu Lahab, Ghidaq, Maqwam, Safar and Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him).
35. Did his uncle Abu Talib accept Islam?
No, he died a polytheist.
36. In the New Testament by what name was the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) mentioned?
By the name of Paraclete.
37. What is Kabah? (Biography of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH))
It is the oldest house of worship on the earth.
38. Who built it? (Biography of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH))
The Prophet Ibrahim and his son Ismael (May Allah be pleased with them).
39. How did Quraish arrange rebuilding of Kabah?
They divided the work among various tribes. Each tribe was responsible for rebuilding a part of it.
40. Who laid the stones? (Biography of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH))
A Byzantine mason called Baqum.
41. Where did the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) go into seclusion?
To the Cave of Hira.
42. What was the fist stage of the revelation?
When did the first revelation come down to him?
On Monday, 21st of Ramadan, at night (August 10th, 610 AC). He was forty years then.
44. Who brought it? (Biography of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH))
45. Who were the first to embrace Islam? (Biography of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH))
Four persons: Khadijah his wife, Zaid Ibn Haritha his freed slave, Ali Ibn Abi Talib his cousin and Abu Bakr his friend (May Allah be pleased with them).
46. Who accepted Islam at the instance of Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him)?
Uthman Ibn Affan, Zubair Ibn Awwam, Abdur Rahman Ibn Awf, Sad Ibn Abi Waqqaas, Talha Ibn Ubaidullah and Saeed Ibn Zaid (Umar’s son-in-law) (May Allah be pleased with them).
47. Who were the ladies to accept Islam at first?
Abbas’s wife Ummaul Fadl, Abu Bakr’s wife Asma Bint Umais, his daughter Asma Bint Abi Bakr and Fatimah Bint Al Khattab Umar’s sister (May Allah be pleased with them).
48. How was the Dawah done in the beginning?
It was done in secret.
49. How many people embraced Islam in the early stage?
50. How many years did the call in secret continue?
For three years.
During this period, where would the Muslims gather secretly?
They would gather secretly in the house of a Muslim called Arqam to learn about Islam and the revelations sent down to the Prophet (p.b.u.h.).
52. When did the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) start to preach Islam openly?
After three years when he received the revelation to that effect.
What was the impact of his public preaching?
The people accepted Islam increasingly.
54. What was the main miracle of the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)?
The Holy Quran.
55. Did the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) perform other miracles?
Yes, the splitting of the moon was one of them.
56. Who was Abu Jahl? (Biography of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH))
One of the Prophet’s (p.b.u.h.) uncles.
57. Name some of the disbelievers of Makkah who supported the Prophet (p.b.u.h.), but did not embrace Islam until the end.
Abu Talib, Mutim Ibn Adi and Abul Bukhtari.
58. How long did Abu Talib protect the Prophet (PBUH)?
For 42 years – from the Prophet’s childhood until he himself died.
59. Who was Mutim Ibn Adi?
A chief of Makkah.
60. When did he (Mutim Ibn Adi) give protection to the Prophet (p.b.u.h.)?
When the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) returned from Taif and wanted to enter Makkah.
61. When did he (Mutim Ibn Adi) die?
He was killed in the Battle of Badr.