Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H)
Who Was Muhammad?
- Muhammad was the prophet and founder of Islam. Most of his early life was spent as a merchant. At age 40, he began to have revelations from Allah that became the basis for the Koran and the foundation of Islam. By 630 he had unified most of Arabia under a single religion. As of 2015, there are over 1.8 billion Muslims in the world who profess, “There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his prophet.”
The Life of Muhammad
- Muhammad was born around 570, AD in Mecca (now in Saudi Arabia). His father died before he was born and he was raised first by his grandfather and then his uncle. He belonged to a poor but respectable family of the Quraysh tribe. The family was active in Meccan politics and trade.
|1. When was the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) born? |
He was born on Monday, 9th Rabi Al Awwal, April 22nd, 571 AC.
2. Where was the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) born?
3. What is the name of the Prophet’s father?
Abdullah Ibn Abdul Muttalib.
4. What is the name of the Prophet’s mother?
Aminah Bint Wahhab Ibn Abd Manaf Ibn Zahrah.
5. When and where did his (prophet’s) father die?
He died in Makkah before Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) was born.
6. What is the name of the Prophet’s grandfather?
7. What was his granfather’s position?
He was the chief of his clan Bani Hashim.
8. What is the Prophet’s (p.b.u.h.) lineage up to his fifth ancestor?
He is Muhammad Ibn Abdullah Ibn Abdul Muttalib Ibn Hashim Ibn Abd Manaf Ibn Qusai Ibn Kilab.
9. Who suckled the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H)?
First Thuyeba, the freed slave girl of his uncle Abdul Uzza known as Abu Lahab, then Haleema Bint Abu Dhuaib, best known as Haleema Al Sadiyah.
Who named the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H)?
What did Muhammad’s (P.B.U.H) mother name him?
12. Why did she (the Prophet’s mother) choose this name?
Because she saw an angel in a dream calling the new-born baby Ahmad.
How old was Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) when his mother died?
Six years old.
14. Where did his mother take him?
She took him to Yathrib (Madinah) to visit her relatives.
15. Where did his mother die?
On her way back to Makkah, she died at Abwa and was buried there.
16. Who brought Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) back to Makkah?
His father’s slave girl, Umm Aiman (May Allah be pleased with her).
17. Who took the charge of his care?
His grandfather Abdul Muttalib.
18. How long did The Prophet’s grandfather take care of the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) ?
For two years.
19. How was his (Abdul Muttalib’s) behavior with Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H)?
He loved him very much and preferred him to his own sons.
20. What did Abdul Muttalib foretell about his grandson?
That he would hold a prestigious position.
21. Who took care of the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) after the death of Abdul Muttalib?
His uncle Abu Talib.
How old was Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) when his grandfather Abdul Muttalib died?
About eight years old.
23. When did Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) travel to Syria and with whom?
He went to Syria with his uncle Abu Talib when he was twelve years old.
24. Who was Khadijah (May Allah be pleased with her)?
She was a wealthy merchant of Makkah.
25. Why did she (Khadijah) want to marry Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)? Because of his truthfulness and good conduct.
26. When did she (Khadijah) marry Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)?
When she was 40 years old.
27. How old was Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) at the time of the marriage?
He was 25.
28. What did he (the Prophet) give her (Khadijah) as Mahr (dowry)? Twenty camels.
29. Was Khadijah (May Allah be pleased with her) a widow?
Yes. The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) was her third husband.
30. How was Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) known in the society?
He was known as Al Ameen (Truthful) and Al Sadiq (trustworthy).
31. Did he get any sort of education?
No, he was illiterate.